Pomegranate Guild > THREADS OF TRADITION: Selected Work by Peach State Stitchers
written by Flora Rosefsky
The Peach State Stitchers, The Pomegranate Guild of Judaic Needlework's Atlanta Chapter, worked in collaboration with the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta's Arts & Entertainment Director, Kim Goodfriend and Chair, Susanne Katz to produce a juried exhibition of member's Judaic needlework. The MJCCA's Fine Family Art Gallery, which hosted the exhibition, required that the work be judged by outside jurors, non-members of our group and people not affiliated with the MJCCA. The jury included Susan Nease, owner of Nease's Needlework; Robin Roth Murphy, fiber artist and Angelyn Chandler, Executive Director, Atlanta International Museum of Art and Design.
The selected work included:
• Lillian Abramowitz, Loraine Sher and Flora Rosefsky: Handkerchiefs for a Jewish Wedding. To Celebrate. To Remember. - quilt, embroidery and applique
• Lois M. Bialac: The Shabbat Table in needlepoint
• Cindy Cohen: Tallit Bag in needlepoint
• Laraine Fine: mezuzah in needlepoint
• Sylvia Kaye: two tallitot using photo transfer and applique
• Eleanor Newland: Miriam's Doily in cross-stitch
• Marilyn Peskin-Kaufman: Hands in Prayer knitted and embroidered afghan
• Margie Steiner: knitted tallit, kippah and bag
• Nancy Taffel: A Musical Thank You Note in needlepoint
• Flora Rosefsky and Barbara Rucket: "Tying The Threads Together"
Last Updated: August 1, 2010